Thursday, 27 February 2014
9th University of Sydney TESOL Research Network Colloquium
in conjunction with Macquarie University
A Free Colloquium
The Faculty of Education and Social Work and The Centre for English Teaching, The University of Sydney, Australia
Saturday August 23, 2014
CALL FOR PAPERS
The University of Sydney TESOL Research Network Colloquium aims to provide a forum to discuss and share research in the area of TESOL, as well as explore possible future research collaborations in the area. The Colloquium is a place for networking for both established and new TESOL researchers. The Colloquium includes presentations and symposia on a wide range of TESOL and TESOL-related research, both in progress and completed.
Ken Hyland, University of Hong Kong: “Working with writing: Understanding texts, writers and readers”
Philip Benson, Macquarie University: “Language learning and teaching: In and out of the classroom”
Proposals are invited for:
· 25-minute paper presentations (20-minute presentations followed by 5-minutes for questions/discussion)
· 90-minute symposia (80-minutes for presentations followed by 10-minutes for questions/discussion)
Instructions for submissions:
· Individual papers: A title, a 250-word abstract plus a 50-word summary of the abstract (plus your name, institution, email and telephone number).
· Symposia: A title, a 500-word abstract plus a 200-word summary of the abstract (plus presenters’ names, institutions, emails and telephones).
· Submit your abstract at:
(If this link does not work when you click, copy and paste it in a new web browser. Please make sure the link is in one line)
· Submission deadline: Friday, May 30, 2014
· Contact Marie Stevenson (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further inquiries about abstract submissions.
Free Pre-Colloquium Workshops (Friday, August 22, 2014):
Workshop 1 (9.00 am - 12.00 pm): Anne Burns, Honorary Professor, University of Sydney: “Exploring action research for professional practice”
Workshop 2 (1.00 pm - 4.00 pm): Ken Hyland, University of Hong Kong & Brian Paltridge, University of Sydney: “Advice from the editors: Academic publishing in Applied Linguistics and TESOL journals”
Registration for the workshops (by Thursday, July 24, 2014):
Contact Phil Chappell (email@example.com) for further inquiries about the workshops.
Registration for the Colloquium (by Friday, August 15, 2014):
Contact Marie Stevenson (firstname.lastname@example.org) for general inquiries about the Colloquium.
Posted by Aek Phakiti at 17:37