13th University of Sydney TESOL Research Network Colloquium
- Ann Johns, San Diego State University, USA, “Preparing Students for Writing in the Disciplines”
- Honglin Chen, University of Wollongong, Australia, “Investigating the Teaching of Persuasive Writing in Culturally Diverse Contexts”
Proposals are invited for:
- 25-minute paper presentations (20 minutes for presentation followed by 5 minutes for questions/discussion)
- 90-minute symposia (80 minutes for presentation followed by 10 minutes for questions/discussion)
Instructions for submissions:
- Individual papers: A title, a 250-word abstract plus a 50-word summary of the abstract (plus your name, institution, email and telephone).
- Symposia: A title, a 500-word abstract plus a 200-word summary of the abstract (plus your name, institution, email and telephone).
- Submission deadline: Friday 13 July, 2018 by 11.59 pm. Late submission will not be accepted
- Notifications on the acceptance of papers and symposia: Monday 30 July, 2018
- Proposal submission at: Abstract Submission
Free Pre-Colloquium Workshops on Friday 7 September, 2018:
- Workshop (9.00am - 12.00 pm): Ann Johns, San Diego State University, USA, “Connecting Reading and Writing in an EAP Class”
- Workshop (1.00pm - 4.00 pm): Jack Richards, The University of Sydney, Australia, “Curriculum Design for Novices”